The Philippine Federation of Chemistry Societies was organized in 1988 to serve as an umbrella organization for the five chemistry societies in the Philippines:
- Kapisanang Kimika ng Pilipinas (KKP)
- Integrated Chemists of the Philippines (ICP)
- Organic Chemistry Teachers Association (OCTA)
- Philippine Association of Chemistry Teachers (PACT)
- Philippine Association of Chemistry Students (PACS)
Through the four organizations, the PFCS is able to reach and provide service to professional chemists, chemical technicians, educators, students, and professionals in the allied disciplines.
The PFCS is a non-profit, non-stock corporation which is registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of the Philippines.